Monday, July 31, 2017

Mass to be Offered on August 1st 2017 for Seminarians

A Mass will be offered tomorrow for all seminarians that they will grow in holiness and lead us all in love. Every month we have a Mass offered for this intention. As our seminarians will be the future shepherds and our children are the future flock, it seemed a beautiful way for the children to help. 

We have been periodically featuring different seminarians on the first of the month by inviting them to share something of themselves - a beautiful sharing of faith and love of Our Lord.


The Seminarian we will feature this month is Collins Ashu. He is attending seminary in the Archdiocese of New York.

He shares:
I am Collins Ashu, born and raised in Cameroon, Africa. I am the 6th child from a family of 8. I moved to the U.S in 2015 and I joined the seminary in the fall of 2016. 

My love for the priesthood actually started when I was 7 years old. The Pastor at my parish was very active and he loved his job. His actions and works made me to admire him and dreamt of being like him one day.  His love for the Scriptures also influenced me a lot. At this age of 7, I was attending CCD classes for my first holy communion. I received Jesus when I was 8 and I grew more deeper in the vocation because that's when I actually confirmed my vocation. I also started serving Mass with this priest at this age.

My family played a great role in my vocational discernment. As a family we had daily morning and evening prayers and for those who would not attend the morning prayers were oblige to go to morning Mass which I usually do. At morning prayers we prayed the psalms 5, this also influenced my love for the Holy Scriptures. My mother dedicated the family under patronage of St. Faustina of the Divine Mercy and so she prayed for me through her intercession.

I had loved praying the rosary. At that age I prayed the rosary though not daily.


Collins also shared our hope to see the Children's Rosary begin in his home country of Cameroon. As we keep featuring seminarians it is interesting to see many, including Collins, first felt drawn to the priesthood at a tender age. In his case between the ages of 7 and 8. These seeds that Our Lord sows in the hearts of men need protection and cultivation. Families are the perfect nurseries for these vocations as one can see in Collins family. One can also imagine a prayer group such as the Children's Rosary might be a help as well. Having an opportunity to come together and pray with other youngsters is an affirmation of ones faith and a support during trials which most certainly come through youth. 

May I humbly ask those reading this to pray for Collins Ashu. These men surely need our prayers. Collins wrote expressing his gratitude for our prayers for him. 


Other Posts You May Enjoy:

Don't forget to unify prayers with the children during their meetings. A schedule of meetings is present on our website. By clicking "Join in Prayer" you can add your gold flashing light to our View from Heaven map.

For more information about the Children's Rosary visit our website: www.childrensrosary.org
Visite nuestro sitio web en español para obtener más información: www.rosariodeninos.org

No comments:

Post a Comment